Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Farmers Market Fare

We visited our local weekly Farmers Market. Though it was hot, the girls were refreshed by the free ice cream cones they were served upon arrival! I scrounged around looking for a sweet melon and some excellent red peppers.

I did buy something new- a Patty-Pan squash. It is the onion looking thing. I was told to cut out the stem and slice like a tomato. Then, rub with olive oil, salt and grill or fry! Here is a link to more recipes with this cute, but odd squash. Can't wait to try it, we agreed to try something new each week.


2 comments:

  1. That's a tasty looking little squash! Farmer's Markets are great for coming across a great variety of tasty treats. I do enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will let you know how the squash comes out! *wink*

    ReplyDelete