Saturday, January 1, 2011

Winter Crafts

A very good friend of mine, Illya, gave me a beautiful knitted/felted bowl yesterday. I wanted to share this with you because I really love it AND it is an easy project to make.




It seems this time of year lends itself to snuggling up on the couch and pulling the knitting basket close. I am comforted every time I feel the wooden needles and the wool yarn wrapping around my fingers. Maybe it is that inward breath we feel during the dark, cold days. We don't feel compelled to "do" things, especially outdoors. It is a time for reflection on the year past and planning for a new season of in and out breaths.

Here is the link to pattern she sent to me.

I would love to know if you decide to make one, send me a picture!  I am going to start one next week as soon as I get some double pointed needles :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a dear bowl...I have been looking for a knitted bowl. Thank you for sharing...and your right about the feel of the season. I still have the tree up...I wake between 4-5 turn on the tree lights, light the candles, make something warm to sip and curl up with my wool. Ahhhh...sigh...I love my quiet reflective moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no knitter, but will pass this idea on, cheers from New Zealand, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so special to get those moments ;)

    ReplyDelete